Here's a sneak preview of the Oct. 22 edition of the Mountain Xpress. This week's issue includes our 2008 Voter Guide. Election Day is Nov. 4, but early voting began Oct. 16, and by all reports, traffic at the polls has been brisk. Here in Buncombe County, election officials are estimating that as many as 60 percent of voters will hit the polls early, opting for convenient scheduling and potentially shorter lines.
Whenever you choose to vote, the more you know about the candidates, the better. Here's what you'll find in our Voter Guide:
1) Frequently asked questions — and solid answers — about how to cast a vote
2) The rundown on the nonpartisan races on local ballots
3) Candidate surveys covering key issues in these races:
• U.S. Congress, 11th District
• Buncombe County Board of Commissioners
• N.C. House and Senate
We hope you'll find our guide useful. The rest is up to you.
Subscribe to XpressMail. Free Sneak Peek. Every Week.
Want to know what's coming out in Xpress this week before the paper even hits the stands?
We've got your free sneak peek, along with deals available in XpressMail, our weekly email newsletter. (It's the best we can do without time travel.)