Bruisin’ Ales, The Orange Peel, Mountain Xpress and the Asheville Brewers Alliance are blowing it out with the Beer City Bash on June 26, a celebration of all things beer. Eight local breweries will be bringing kegs of their finest beers. Three bands will be rocking our faces. And the $10 ticket gets you two 9-ounce craft beers, a raffle ticket and the fine sounds of Rat Jackson, Wilsin and Floating Action. And a lot of ale-tastic camaraderie.
In honor of the occasion, the Orange Peel's draft lines will all pour local brews. Here's the beer lineup:
• Asheville Pizza and Brewing: Ninja Porter and Asheville Amber
• Catawba Valley Brewing Co: Firewater IPA and Uber Pale Ale
• French Broad Brewery: Wee-Heavy-er and 13 Rebels ESB
• Green Man Brewing: IPA and ESB
• Highland Brewing Company: Oatmeal Porter & Cattail Peak Wheat
• Oysterhouse Brewery (Lobster Trap): IPA
• Wedge Brewing Company: Paynes Pale Ale
• Pisgah Brewing: TBA
There in spirit will be Craggie Brewing and the Lexington Avenue Brewery (LAB). Both will have permits to sell soon — watch for two new additions to the beer scene.
The band lineup:
• Blues-garage rockers and makers of the documentary film Beer Y'all (all about N.C. craft beer) Rat Jackson
• The soulful sounds of Wilsin, which recently tore up the stage at the Mountain Sports festival
• Floating Action: Elements of bossa nova, dub, folk, blues, garage, soul, gospel and country. Definitely dance music, says frontman Seth Kauffman, and the crowd at the band’s recent CD release at the Grey Eagle proved it.
The backstory: Asheville’s local beer community rallied last month to earn the title of Beer City East, after tying with monster competitor Portland, Ore. The poll was conducted at examiner.com by Charlie Papazian, founder of the American Homebrewers Association, the Association of Brewers, the Great American Beer festival and one of the biggest names in the beer world.
Now let's celebrate!