Members of Elders United for a Just Society will join in the Occupy Wall Street/Asheville protests in downtown Asheville on Saturday, Oct. 29. At least 30 members of Elders United, which include seniors as old as 94, will show their solidarity with other Occupy Asheville groups at Pritchard Park at noon on Oct. 29. They will then carry their message to Pack Square before returning to Pritchard Park by 1 p.m.
Elders United for a Just Society stands for:
• Civility in its interactions with others
• Decent respect for opponents
• An economic system that does not unduly favor the wealthy
• An electoral system that is not corrupted by money
• Quality health care available to all persons
• A fair and truly non-partisan system of justice
• Protection for the health and welfare of children
• Protection of the environment
Elders United believes that the Occupy Wall StreetAsheville effort shares its objects and is proud to stand with them in the city's streets and public squares.
Read more articles in:News