This one is the Third Annual Django Reinhardt Birthday Party, a night honoring the late pioneering Gypsy jazz guitarist. Local bands One Leg Up, The Space Heaters, John Henry's Jazz Band, Viper's Dream, Musette Guitars and Thomas Michael will play at the Grey Eagle. Show is at 8 p.m. $10/$12.
• Eliot Lipp is set to release his first solo album in three years — that three years thing isn't because Lipp hasn't been busy. His own label, Old Tacoma Records, just put out three albums. And, at the end of 2011, Lipp performed at Snowglobe Music Festival with Bassnectar, Pretty Lights, Thievery Corporation and Big Gigantic before launching a tour with Boom Box. It's that tour that brings Brooklyn-based producer/musician to The Orange Peel. 9 p.m., $12 in advance or $15 day of show. (Award for extreme productivity.)
• The Dead Kenny Gs "have both the courage and the chops to realize their wildest aural visions," says a press release. And there's this: "It's not just music informing the trio's voice, but a keen understanding of political conspiracy in American history. The title of the DKGs latest album, Operation Long Leash, comes from the clandestine CIA operation in the late ‘40s to fund Abstract Expressionism as a means for Western culture to undermine the rigid, confined and conformist ideals of the Soviet Union during the early years of the Cold War." They play The One Stop at 9 p.m. $10. (Award for not putting an apostrophe after the G in Dead Kenny Gs.)
• Fresh off their wildly successful Moog Music AHA AVL event, The Critters announce a shiny new website and a show with Hound Dog Family Band and John Wilkes Boothe & the Black Toothe at BoBo Gallery. 9 p.m. (Award for best poster.)
• Jackass Flats, "a self-described "bluegrass band chasing the scene up and down the east coast" has ben performing for a decade and just released Rusty Feeling. They come to Jack of the Wood at 9:30 p.m., $5. (Award for rocking so much harder than Rascal Flats.)
(Photo from The Pour House.)
• Grown Up Avenger Stuff, Saint Solitude and the StereoFidelics share a bill at Emerald Lounge. Show time is 10 p.m. (Award to Grown Up Avenger Stuff for capes and ninja masks.)