Announcement from 100tophospitals.com
The Thomson Reuters 15 Top Health Systems study identifies the 15 best health systems in the nation. This annual, quantitative study uses objective, independent research and public data sources.
The Thomson Reuters 15 Top Health Systems is the only study that aggregates individual hospital performance into system-level data. ...
The winners of the 15 Top Health Systems award outperformed their peers in a number of ways. They:
- Saved more lives and caused fewer patient complications
- Followed industry-recommended standards of care more closely
- Made fewer patient safety errors
- Released patients half a day sooner
- Scored better on overall patient satisfaction
To qualify: A health system must have at least two general and applicable specialty, short-term, acute-care, non-federal U.S. hospitals. The study included nearly every system with valid 2009 and 2010 Medicare Provider Analysis and Review (MedPAR) and 2011 Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Hospital Compare data. This analysis included 321 systems, listed in Appendix D of the study overview.
Key performance measures:
- Risk-adjusted mortality index (in-hospital)
- Risk-adjusted complications index
- Risk-adjusted patient safety index
- Core measures mean percent
- 30-day risk-adjusted mortality rate
- 30-day risk-adjusted readmission rate
- Severity-adjusted average length of stay
- HCAHPS score (patient rating of overall hospital performance)
Download the top health systems abstract to learn more about our methodology and findings. ...
MEDIUM HEALTH SYSTEMS
Read more articles in:News