For the month of April 2012, Community Card: Vote.Give.Grow. will give Starbucks customers, for the first time ever, the ability to direct a $4 million investment from the Starbucks Foundation to local non-profits across the U.S. providing innovative community revitalization and needed services for the underserved.
HandMade in America was selected to participate because they believe in the power of the handmade object to transform both individuals and communities through education, entrepreneurship and economic development. HandMade in America has an 18-year tradition for pioneering innovative ways to empower the people and towns of Western North Carolina through programs that educate and facilitate the needs of creative entrepreneurs and communities.
To participate, customers will choose to make their registered Starbucks Cards a “Community Card” by opting in online. Customers can cast votes once per week throughout the month of April. Whatever North Carolina non-profit receives the most votes will receive the most money, up to $30,000! We appreciate you passing this along to any of your family or friends who are Starbucks fans. Just tell them to vote for HandMade in America!
HandMade in America
How Do I Cast My Vote?
1. Go to: www.votegivegrow.com
2. Click Get Started
You can either:
• create an account with a card you have bought at any Starbucks or Gift Card Mall
• login to your existing account
• Send an eGift to yourself, register it and start voting all within a few minutes.
3. Find HandMade in America by searching community or by organization name
5. Sign in each week in the month of April to cast your vote for HandMade in America. You have a total of four votes!
Read more articles in:News