Profession: Associate engineer
Funding: “No donations at this time. Money should not be what gets you elected.”
1. What's the first bill you'll introduce if elected?
I will not vote to raise the debt ceiling. As soon as I get to Washington, I will propose a bill that prioritizes cuts to federal spending in the event that the debt ceiling isn’t raised. This will take payment authority out of the president’s hands.
2. What local issue do you think you can have the most impact on?
When the debt ceiling is not raised there will be a great impact on many issues that will affect N.C. Many federal agencies will be ended or returned to the states, with diminished or no federal funding or funding from China.
3. What do you see as Congress’ role — and yours, if elected — in channeling federal dollars to your district?
Those days are over.
4. Do you support a cap on the national debt based on a percentage of the GDP? (Yes/No) Why?
No. Spend what you bring in and pay off the IOUs to the Social Security fund and our nation’s debt.
5. What issue(s) do the Asheville and Gastonia areas have in common?
How do they differ? Our elected politicians are not representing us.
6. Sum up, in a haiku or limerick or couplet, why people should vote for you.
America’s the land of the free
Only it doesn’t seem so lately
So on May 8
A vote for Don would be great
It’s a vote for God and country.
Read more articles in:News