Slogan: A New Voice for the People!
Profession: Educator, mentor
Funding: On file with the Board of Elections.
1. Do you favor A) creating a regional water authority, B) giving the existing system to the Metropolitan Sewerage District or C) leaving it
under Asheville's control?
C: Asheville has done a great job with the maintenance and updates to the system and improvements are ongoing. There is no viable reason to turn our water over to another authority.
2. Do you support granting domestic-partner rights and/or benefits to Buncombe County employees? (Yes/No) Why?
Yes. Everyone deserves civil equality.
3. Do you favor offering tax breaks and other economic-development incentives to companies that agree to move here or expand existing facilities and hire local workers? (Yes/No) Why?
Yes. However, the businesses must be held accountable to do what they say they will do. It’s not in our best interest to give incentives and receive nothing in return, i.e. job creation with long-term commitments. The deals have to be beneficial to both the business and the community.
4. Do you think the county should make funding the Connect Buncombe greenways a high priority? (Yes/No) Why?
Yes, it does need to be a priority. However jobs, affordable housing and education need to be at the top of that list.
5. What’s the most important role of county government in job creation?
To be willing and able to seek out private entities and small-business owners that will provide good-paying jobs to our residents and make long-term commitments to our community and its quality of life.