On Tuesday, July 17, all Buncombe County polling places will be open from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Early voting runs through Saturday, July 14. It’s available only at the Board of Elections office (35 Woodfin St. in downtown Asheville) from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays and 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday.
Who's on the Buncombe County Democratic ballot?
The only Democratic race is a runoff for the N.C. Commissioner of Labor. The two candidates are:
Marlowe Foster (www.avl.mx/hw)
John C. Brooks (www.avl.mx/hx)
Who's on the Buncombe County Republican ballot?
U.S. House of Representatives (precincts in the 11th District only)
Mark Meadows (www.avl.mx/hm)
Vance Patterson (www.avl.mx/hn)
Dan Forest (www.avl.mx/ho)
Tony Gurley (www.avl.mx/hp)
Commissioner of Insurance
Richard Morgan (www.avl.mx/hq)
Mike Causey (www.avl.mx/hr)
Secretary of State
Kenn Gardner (www.avl.mx/hs)
Ed Goodwin (www.avl.mx/ht)
Superintendent of Public Instruction
John Tedesco (www.avl.mx/hu)
Richard Alexander (www.avl.mx/hv)
Other things to keep in mind
• All Democratic and Republican voters may participate in whichever races are on their party’s ballot.
• Unaffiliated voters who chose the Democratic ballot in the first primary must do so in this one as well.
• Unaffiliated voters who chose the Republican ballot in the first primary must do so in this one as well.
• Unaffiliated voters who chose the unaffiliated ballot in the first primary may not vote in this one.
• Unaffiliated voters who didn’t vote in the first primary may vote in this one, using whichever party’s ballot they choose.