There are up to five races on the Republican ballot in Buncombe County, depending on where you live.
Those living in the 11th Congressional District, which includes the western and northern parts of the county, will be able to weigh in on the runoff between Mark Meadows and Vance Patterson. Learn more about the race here.
Candidates for statewide races for Lieutenant Governor, N.C. Commissioner of Insurance, N.C. Secretary of State, and N.C. Superintendent of Public Instruction are on all the Republican ballots.
NC Commissioner of Insurance:
NC Secretary of State:
NC Superintendent of Public Instruction:
There is only one race on the Democratic ballot: A runoff for the NC Commissioner of Labor. The only two candidates on the ballot are Marlowe Foster and John C. Brooks. You may vote for one.
Things to keep in mind:All Buncombe County precincts will be open today, from 6:30 a.m. until 7:30 p.m.
• All Democrat and Republican voters may participate in this election.
• Unaffiliated voters who voted Democrat in the first primary, may only vote Democrat in the second primary.
• Unaffiliated voters who voted Republican in the first primary, may only vote Republican in the second primary.
• Unaffiliated voters who voted Unaffiliated in the first primary, may not vote in the second primary.
• Unaffiliated voters who did not vote in the first primary, may vote in the second primary and vote their choice of ballot.
For more information, contact the Buncombe County Board of Elections.
For more politics and election coverage, visit the Xpress blog.
The Asheville-Buncombe League of Women Voters contributed to this report.