Tags:Animal Compassion Network seeks volunteers for the inaugural Dog Days Festival, slated for Saturday, August 18, at Carrier Park.
From Shawna Gilmore, ACN's Volunteer Coordinator:
Hello Rescue Partners / ACN Volunteers!
Please take a moment to look over the "short list" of our HELP WANTED for the volunteer department at ACN.
1) Recruiting another dozen or so volunteers to assist with the Inaugural DOG DAYS FESTIVAL set to take place at Carrier Park, Saturday August 18th. This is a BIG outdoor fundraiser / adoption event with two bands, food and beer venders. ACN will need to provide almost 40 volunteers for this event. (see attached flyer) & click on the following link for more details on volunteer needs and to RSVP.
2) We need four folks to help with an off site mini adoption event that take place at Pet Smart this Saturday, August 11th 12-4pm.
2 cat adoption team members
2 dog adoption team members
Please send a quick email reply if you are available to help.
3) We are looking for some regular volunteers for our front desk operations at Pet Harmony, especially on W. TR, Sat. Sun. noon-3pm. We would love to train some folks that can make a weekly or at least bi-weekly commitment to any of these shifts.
4) Cat Care specialist needed for Friday mornings 9-noon for cleaning and feeding duties at Kitty City.
5) P.R & Marketing / Special events Intern / Assistant Volunteer that can make a minimum commitment of 5 hours a week.
6) Construction Project volunteers needed to assist with creating match making / meet and greet areas at our Pet Harmony location. The project is set to take place in the next few weeks. Handy man / Handy woman skills greatly appreciated.
7) Event & Storage area project volunteers. We are currently in need of a team of 4-6 people that can assist staff in some reorganizing and cleaning of our storage areas any time in the next two weeks. Times/ days are flexible.
8) Pet food assistant program volunteers that can help repackage donated pet food and get it ready to stock the shelves of local food pantries / meals on wheels as a support for low income folks in need of food for their companion animals.
9) TRANSPORT TEAM MEMBERS. Currently recruiting folks that can show up at Pet Harmony 1-2 times a month to help with loading crates and pups for our bi-monthly transport shuttle. Loading time is typically a four hour time commitment and takes place late afternoon. We also need team members that can help with clean up on the return side of transport.
10) As always..... Dog Walkers. Dog Walkers, Dog walkers. : )
Please send a quick email replay or feel free to call, 777-0949 if you have any interest or availability in any of these positions.
Animal Compassion Network
https://www.facebook.com/ACNWNCRead the full article