ASHEVILLE - Project Connect brings the full community together to address the root causes of homelessness by providing tools and supports to individuals and families seeking to stabilize their housing. Now, more than ever before, the community is recognizing that collaborative problem solving is the only way to truly face the crisis of homelessness in our community.
Project Connect is seeking wider community involvement by asking for donation to the “Socks & Sundries Drive.” Such items to donate include: socks, toothbrushes and toothpaste, feminine and hygienic products, razors, antiseptic ointment, and lightly worn winter clothing.
Collection boxes are located in various sites throughout the city. Please consider donating items to one of the following locations:
· City Hall, 70 Court Plaza
· Public Works, 161 S. Charlotte St
· Shiloh Center, 121 Shiloh Rd
· Montford Complex, 34 Pearson Dr
· Stephens Lee Center, 30 George Washington Carver
· Burton Street Center, 134 Burton St
· Harvest House, 205 Kenilworth Rd
· Senior Opportunities Center, 36 Grove St
· Grant Center, 285 Livingston St
· East Asheville Center, 906 Tunnel Rd
· Murphy-Oakley Center, 749 Fairview Rd
· Fire Station 5, 1074 Hendersonville Rd
· Fire Station 6, 970 Haywood Rd
· Fire Station 12, 880 New Haw Creek Rd.
About Project Connect:
Project Connect will take place at First Baptist Church on Thursday, September 6, 2012 from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm. The event will serve anyone in our community who is experiencing a housing crisis. This is more than just a “resource fair” – the event seeks to create an environment where agencies provide services on-site and create a dialogue about what is working, and what isn’t.
For more information visit the Homeless Initiative website: