Press releasefrom City of Asheville
PRE-MEETING AGENDA – 4:30 PM, 5TH FLOOR CITY HALL
1. Review of agenda items.
PLANNING & ZONING COMMISSION AGENDA – 5:00 PM 1ST FLOOR CITY HALL
The Planning and Zoning Commission will hear public comments only on items that appear on the agenda. Presentations by the public shall be limited to no more than ten (10) minutes for the main spokesperson for a group and no more than three (3) minutes for other individuals. Additional information may be conveyed to the Planning and Zoning Commission in written form.
1. Approval of minutes from the November 7, 2012 meeting.
1. Review of Level II site plan for the project identified as Farnam Custom Products Expansion located at 30 Legend Drive. The project proposes construction of a 21,545 square foot addition to the existing facility. The property owner is Bradley Branch, LLC and the contact is Scott Bolyard. The property is identified in the Buncombe County Tax records as PIN 9644-90-8165, 9653-09-0998, 9653-09-2802, and 9644-90-8051. Planner coordinating review – Julie Fields
1. Review of Level III site plan for the project identified as New Belgium Brewing Company located at 157 Craven Street. The project proposes to develop a brewery and distribution center. The 216,237 square foot facility will also include administrative offices, visitor’s center, and outdoor recreational spaces and the request includes modifications to driveway width, building height and landscaping. The owner is New Belgium Brewing Company and the contact is Susan Freyler. The property is identified in the Buncombe County tax records as PINs 9638-88-0138, 9638-88-1179, 9638-88-2312, 9638-88-3045, 9638-87-1800, 9638-87-5570, 9638-87-9135, and 9638-78-8092. Planner coordinating review – Jessica Bernstein
1. A request for a Conditional Zoning from HB, CBI and RS8 to HB-Highway Business CZ for the project identified as Harris Teeter Phase 2 located at 17 and 23 Eloise Street and 136, 176 and 180 Merrimon Avenue. The rezoning would facilitate additional outparcel development in addition to the Harris Teeter store. A modification to the landscape buffer has been requested. The owner is Jasmine Development, LLC and the contact is Garland Hughes. The property is identified in the Buncombe County tax records as PIN 9649-33-7795, 9649-34-9101, 9649-34-9188, 9649-34-8159, and 9649-34-7179. Planner coordinating review – Julie Fields
1. Ordinance amending Article 11, Chapter 7 of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Asheville to update standards for outdoor lighting. Planner coordinating review – Shannon Tuch
Amendment to Article 16, Chapter 7 of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Asheville to remove a ban in place for outdoor speakers applied to eating and drinking establishments located in the Central Business District and River District zoned areas. Planner coordinating review – Alan Glines
3. Amendment to Article 16, Chapter 7 of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Asheville to provide minor amendments to general regulations related to mobile food vending with new restrictions for operating in Biltmore Village and an amendment to Article 5, Chapter 16 of the Asheville Code of Ordinances to extend the hours of operation for push carts. Planner coordinating review – Alan Glines
1. Discuss need for mid-month meeting, December 20.
2. Next meeting will be Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 5 p.m.