A new city report points to a faulty water pipe intended to help put out fires as contributing to the death of a firefighter in a medical office building blaze last monthRead the full article
Firefighters also went without water for longer than previously thought, according to emergency radio recordings released with the report.
Nearly 38 minutes passed from the time the first Asheville Fire Department trucks left the station to when firefighters were able to get water on the blaze, a problem due largely to a faulty standpipe. ...
Investigators already have determined someone set the blaze by pouring fuel in four spots inside a fifth-floor suite. The arsonist had a pass key to get inside the suite, authorities have said. ...