Tags:A N.C. Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services press release:
Workshop in July aims to increase WNC ag exports
RALEIGH — The N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services will host a workshop July 16 in Asheville for agribusiness owners interested in exporting their products. The workshop, “Explore Exporting: The World is Waiting,” is customized for food and agriculture-related businesses, but is open to all small businesses in Western North Carolina.
“U.S. consumers make up just 5 percent of the global market,” said Agriculture Commissioner Steve Troxler. “This workshop is a great way for small businesses in Western North Carolina to learn how they can reach the other 95 percent of the world’s market.”
The half-day seminar will feature presentations from the department, the Southern United States Trade Association, Global Business Solutions Inc. and Miss Jenny’s Pickles. Topics include finding your market, financing and protecting your international transactions, and assistance for small food and agriculture companies. The event also includes networking opportunities and a question-and-answer session with the speakers.
The workshop will take place from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Renaissance Asheville Hotel. It is free, but registration is required before July 9. People interested in participating can register at www.susta.org/services/outreach_events_Asheville13.html.
North Carolina is the 11th-largest agricultural exporter in the nation. In 2011, the state exported more than $3.7 billion worth of agricultural products. To learn more about N.C. agricultural exports, go to www.ncagr.gov/markets/international/index.htm.