The home season begins at the U.S. Cellular Center in downtown Asheville on Feb. 15. Find out more at uscellularcenterasheville.com.
Full schedule from the Blue Ridge Roller Girls:
• Feb. 15: French Broads vs. Little City (Home), All Stars vs. Gold Coast (Home)
• March 15: French Broads vs. Low Country (Home), All Stars vs. Low Country (Home)
• March 29: French Broads vs. Richland County (Columbia, SC)
• Apr. 12-13: Skate to Thrill Tournament (St. Louis, MO)
• Apr. 26: French Broads vs. Greensboro (Greensboro, NC)
• May 2-4: Beach Brawl Tournament (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)
• May 31: French Broads vs. Ithaca (Home), All Stars vs. Ithaca (Home)
• June 7: All Stars vs. Duke City (in Columbia, SC)
• June 29: French Broads vs. Kannapolis (Kannapolis, NC)
• Aug. 2: French Broads vs. Demolition City (Home), All Stars vs. Demolition City (Home)
• Oct. 11: French Broads vs. Palmetto State (Home), All Stars vs. Dutchland (Home)
• August/September: WFTDA Division Playoffs
• November: WFTDA Championship (Nashville, TN)
All home bouts will take place at the U.S. Cellular Center in downtown Asheville. On bout Saturdays, the French Broads will storm the track at 6 p.m., while the All Stars will fight for the win at 8 p.m.
The Blue Ridge Rollergirls are a 501c(3) nonprofit organization that donates a portion of each bout to a local charity. The league has “rolled local” in Asheville since 2006. Anyone interested in joining the league as a new skater, ref, or sponsor can find more information at blueridgerollergirls.com.
Read more articles in:A + E