Blogwire is a compilation of local news and information gathered by area citizens and Xpress staff. The Blogwire news aggregator includes press releases, stories from other news outlets, opinion pieces and updates from area blogs
Posting to Blogwire is open to any resident interested in participating. We welcome you to post what you see as important local news and information. Contact us to join.
To follow all the tweets about the event, check these two hashtags: #avlafp #avlnews
backstory, via @amandapalmer's tweets:
10:16am heading to Asheville to visit moog factory & play with their toys. will consider a ninja gig if enuf people tweet...
2:31p: ok Asheville. while I sort this possible record store gig, let's just meet downtown at 3 pm. send ideas & I'll get consensus!
2:33p: pick somewhere green. we're on our way!! also can someone volunteer to bring us burritos from that awesome joint next to the orange peel?
2:51: Asheville!!! we are about 15 minutes away... I still need suggestions for a good green spot downtown
2:54p: RT ASHEVILLE!! ninja gig at 3:14 pm! the park in the middle of Patton Ave, College St & Monroe St right in boho district. (text everyone!)
2:59p: also, what's the main college radio station in asheville? I'll give them a ring
3:15p: @HeyDusti can you tune in and see what they're broadcasting right now? I can't get to a radio...we will be there in like 5 minutes
3:18p: apparently this magic intersection is called Pritchard Park. we're so close it's disgusting. how's the joint looking?
3:28p: we're here
3:38p: ASHVILLE too fucking loud here we are crossing st & relocating to malaprop bookstore 55 Haywood st! http://twitgoo.com/58j95
8:40p: we found an artistic spread of lawn toilets on the way to the moog factory and we had to stop.... http://twitgoo.com/58odz
—editor's note: I left expletive unedited in the "backstory," for the record, but the website software pulled it out!
later in the evening and into the night, @amandapalmer tweeted:
• so we just recorded a bunch of tracks at moog. but we got invited to another friends recording studio in Asheville....so
• we are going to record into the dead of night at echo mountain studios, in Asheville. whiskey has been procured http://twitgoo.com/58pa9
• we ARE. I'll prove it. RT @TitanLineAudio If you were *really* serious about recording midnite tracks in AsheVegas you'd be drinking bourbon
• we've moved to beer. the session is going insanely fucking well. http://twitgoo.com/58rvd
And finally, at around 3am....
• we're done http://twitgoo.com/58sc8
• "Ah was a musician. And ah thought that's what I was gonna do fer the rest of ma life. But we still play. In the living room."-my cab driver