Blogwire is a compilation of local news and information gathered by area citizens and Xpress staff. The Blogwire news aggregator includes press releases, stories from other news outlets, opinion pieces and updates from area blogs
Posting to Blogwire is open to any resident interested in participating. We welcome you to post what you see as important local news and information. Contact us to join.
Craggie Brewing company not only makes (and serves) Asheville-centric beers (“Battery Hill,” “Toubab Brewe”), but also hosts local music in its public house.
Find the tasting room at 197 Hilliard Avenue, Asheville. Hours are Wednesday and Thursday, 4-9 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 4-10 p.m.
July’s music lineup is as follows:
• Andy Burke (acoustic, bluegrass, country) on Friday, July 9
• Steve Smith (ethereal folk rock) on Saturday, July 10
• JT Black and Jeff Markham (acoustic rock) on Saturday, July 17
• Jason Daniello (singer/songwriter) on Friday, July 30
• Mark Appleford (Americana; CD release for “Long Time Between Drinks”) on Saturday, July 31.