Blogwire is a compilation of local news and information gathered by area citizens and Xpress staff. The Blogwire news aggregator includes press releases, stories from other news outlets, opinion pieces and updates from area blogs
Posting to Blogwire is open to any resident interested in participating. We welcome you to post what you see as important local news and information. Contact us to join.
Special meeting: Thursday, June 13th. Lauren Blackburn, Director of NCDOT Bike/Ped Division in Raleigh will be here to meet and talk with the task force. We will be in the Asheville Fire and Rescue Training Room, 4th floor, 100 Court Plaza.
Lauren has told us that she’d like to hear about:
· local, recent or upcoming efforts to encourage, educate or evaluate bicycle and pedestrian transportation in the city and region
· local or state infrastructure projects which have already stimulated the economy in a direct or indirect way.
and if folks are interested, she would be open to
· talking about funding
· the statewide ped/bike plan
· a group ride/tour
· Bike Friendly Community - application process & Bike League feedback
· Bike There 2016 campaign - overview, strategy, goals, etc.
· AVL "primary corridor" bike transportation network - workshop notes & bike plan/city map review
· NCDOT partnership & "next steps" for priority issues
Regular meeting: 5:30 p.m., Thursday, June 27th, Asheville Fire and Rescue training room, 100 Court Plaza, 4th floor.