Evergreen staff go to jail to support their gym
In support of their school, 10 Evergreen Community Charter School teachers and staff members will be arrested and Jailed for the Gym. This notorious cast of characters will be arrested, judged, sentenced and bail will be set on Friday, January 11. All bail money raised for their release will be donated to the More than Just a Gym Campaign, which helps fund the renovation of Evergreen’s 40 year old gymnasium.
The campaign name refers to the fact that this facility is used for more than just sports. In addition to Evergreen’s Adventure PE program and new climbing wall, it hosts student performances, academic fairs, community circles, special events such as Grandparents Day and the school’s annual Earth Day celebration. It’s also a Haw Creek voting precinct, the arena for two local men’s basketball teams and other community-wide events.
In light of the fact that charter schools receive no funding for their facilities and grounds and no revenue from the “Education” Lottery, Evergreen‘s aim is to raise $235,000 to support this project with the remainder funded through financing and set-aside funds. The campaign which launched in April has raised $176,000 from Evergreen’s families, friends, local businesses and foundations. Visitwww.evergreenccs.org for a list of donors and ways to bail the notorious 10 out of jail.
- Cimes of the heart
- Kindergarten teacher Ona Armstrong is charged with making smiles that melt the world.
- Second grade teacher Linda Vaglia is charged with tormenting students and their parents with corny jokes.
- Third grade associate teacher Deidre Barrett is charged with using too much glitter in her classroom.
- Fifth grade teacher Treasure Smith is charged with pushing responsibility for learning
- Seventh grader teacher Tony Mele is charged with creating a delusion of self- importance and perpetuating idle threats.
- Eighth grade teacher Stuart Miles is charged with excessive high school preparation.
- Exceptional Services teacher Toerin Kintner is charged with holding up syllables.
- Guidance Counselor Kriya Lendzion is charged with creating an inviting and cozy environment in her Zen Den.
- Student Services Director Robin Elliott is charged with smothering students with kindness.
- Adventure PE teacher Jo smith is charged with pushing students to reach their personal best.
Events will be videotaped and streamed live on Evergreen’s web site http://www.evergreenccs.org
. The arrests begin at 2 p.m. on Fri. Jan. 11