ASHEVILLE - Asheville city government offices will be closed Dec. 24, 25, 26 and Jan. 1.
Garbage and recycling service will be suspended, Tuesday, Dec. 25 for the Christmas holiday.
· Tuesday trash and recycling (“B” week) customers will receive collection on Wednesday, Dec. 26.
· Wednesday trash and recycling (“B” week) customers will receive collection on Thursday, Dec. 27.
· Thursday trash and recycling (“B” week) customers will receive collection on Friday, Dec. 28.
Residents are asked to have both trash and recycling out by 7 a.m. for collection.
Asheville’s ART (Asheville Redefines Transit) routes and facilities will close at 6 p.m. Monday, Dec. 24 and remain closed through Tuesday, Dec. 25 in observation of the Christmas Holiday.
On Monday, Dec. 24, the last bus for each route will depart at:
· Route S3 – 4 pm
· Route C, N2, E2, W2 - 4:30 pm
· Route S2 – 4:40 pm
· Route N1, S1, E1, W1, W3, 170 – 5 pm
· Route N - 5:14 pm
· Route N3, W4 – 5:20 pm
· Route S4 - 5:40 pm
ART will resume regular service Wednesday Dec. 26. For route and schedule information, go to ridetheart.com.
The Western North Carolina Nature Center will be closed Dec. 24, 25 and Jan. 1. For hours of operation and other information about the WNC Nature Center visit http://wncnaturecenter.com/.
All public safety services, including police, fire and emergency response, will operate according to normal schedule – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – during the holiday.