Tags:Local bluegrass band Town Mountain won two International Bluegrass Music Association Momentum Awards. The winners were announced today in Raleigh. "This honor, which debuted during last year’s convention, is meant to bring attention to artists and business people in the early stages of their career, and more experienced members of the community who are helping bring new artists along," says Bluegrass Today. "IBMA doesn’t specifically limit Momentum Awards to younger artists, though the winners tend in that direction by the nature of the award."
Town Mountain was honored as Band of the Year and its lead signer, Robert Greer, was named Vocalist of the Year.
The complete list of awards is:
• Instrumentalist of the Year: Chris Luquette
• Vocalist of the Year: Robert Greer
• Band of the Year: Town Mountain
• New Festival or Venue of the Year: Bluegrass on the Plains
• Industry Involvement of the Year: Danny Clark
• Mentor of the Year: Denise Stiff
Read the full article